Monday, January 15, 2007

happy MLK day and happy b-day Chiara!

Well I've been back in Texas for 2 weeks now and I've just now finished uploading all my x-mas pictures into flickr and putting away all our gifts. The house is clean and the kitties are napping and I'm just trying to stay warm. I should leave the house for a bit but it is just too cold for a Californian like myself (it's been in the 30's all week and there are icicles on my porch). I found some jobs I'm going to apply for so that and this blog should keep my busy on a cold day with no work to do.
I signed up for a beginning photo class at the University of Arlington so that should be good. Hopefully I'll meet some people and at least improve my photography skills a bit. I got this sweet camera for my birthday but my photo results have been less than stellar. I took loads of pictures x-mas eve at Nanny's but they all turned out super blurry. Sorry family, I didn't realize how dark it was inside and how unsteady my hands are. Good thing my hubby is such a good photographer...I'll have to bug him to send you all some of the beautiful pictures he took that night. Here are those of mine that came out ok (note they are mostly food pictures as food has a tendency to stay still.) :)

Nanny and Mavis


Jake and holiday greetings


Uncle Joey and the bar


the tree




Appetizers

1 comment:

technoChino said...

nice pictures. it was great seeing the two of you over christmas.