Friday, August 31, 2007

Hey y'all I'm back

Pictures to come soon. For now, a summary:

Samoa was great. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had hanging out with my mom and sister - I am really missing family and friends out here. Great to see my grandma and other relatives over there (my grandma and I both cried the day I left.) Had a ball swimming in the ocean and snorkeling, especially nice because I didn't get a chance to get in the water at all this Australia trip partly because of a packed work schedule and partly due to a cold wave in Brisbane. Ate a lot of food, and way too much junk food...that combined with heavy meals in Australia have caused me to gain 10 pounds! Now I just have to figure out how to lose it since I'm not into the gym in my apartment building, am way too shy to patronize a commercial gym (as well as way too cheap and unmotivated)and it's too hot to ride my bike.

Australia was great. Work went extremely smoothly, we rocked our three GMP production runs and preliminary data shows good results-high titer and no plasmid degradation, yay! Also, I love Brisbane..it was great to spend a month in a real city...where I could walk outside and there would be people everywhere, I could walk to restaurants, shops, the waterfront, parks, gardens, you name it.

No comments: